Apple just finished their 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose and here we present you 25 Key Points from that event. So let’s get started.
“Lets talk about a product that in many ways is the heart and soul of Apple. I’m talking, of course, about the Mac”– Tim Cook
1. iMac Pro
- 8-core Intel Xeon processor.
- Can be configured up to 18-core Xeon processor.
- 5K display.
- Up to 16GB of VRAM ( AMD Radeon Vega ).
- Up to 4TB for SSD storage.
- Space Grey
2. The new iMac
- Kaby Lake comes to the iMac
- The 21.5-inch model now can be configured up to 32GB of RAM, while the 27-inch goes up to 64GB, twice what had previously been offered.
- The new 21.5 inch iMac will be 80% faster in its graphic performance and can be configured up to 8 GB of VRAM ( Radeon RX580)
- New GPU+ macOS high Sierra = VR Support
- The 21.5-inch iMac will start at $1099, the 4K 21.5-inch model will cost $1299 and 5k 27 inch for $1799. The updated iMacs will be available later today.
- USB Type-C
3. The new MacBook
- Again, Kaby Lake comes to the MacBook
- There’s a new configuration of the 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar which is cheaper at $1,299
- MacBook Air gets a faster 1.8 Ghz Intel Processor
4. iOS 11
- Apple Pay introduces peer-to-peer transactions.
- Siri: Gets more natural, A new “intelligence” feature allows Siri to make suggestions that you might find interesting
“I like Machine Learning because I am a machine… learning” ~ Siri
- Completely redesigned control center.
- iOS 11 brings MacBook like dock to iPad letting users add much more apps to it.
- Improvements in Apple Maps: Indoor Maps for Shopping malls and AirPorts, Speed Limit, Lane Guidance
- Redesigned App Store
- A R K I T: Apple is bringing augmented reality directly into the core of iOS.
5. macOS High Sierra
- Autoplay blocking feature will detect when videos are trying to autoplay and auto silence them
Safari will use machine learning to identify trackers and segregate the cross site trackers. It’s not about blocking ads — the ads still work. But your privacy is protected
- Photos: Photos is getting overhauled — things like better facial recognition and improved sorting.The Photo Book printing service built into photos is opening up to third parties.
- APFS is the file storage system used on most of Apple’s other products — iOS, tvOS, etc. With High Sierra, it’ll be the default on macOS.
- Metal 2 — a new graphics API with 10x performance improvements than Metal, Apple’s primary API for heavy graphics rendering. They’re also opening up the Metal framework for machine learning use.
- High Sierra will ship later this year, with a developer beta in late June.
6. New iPad
- New 10.5 inch iPad.
- 20% larger than 9.7 inch iPad.
- 120 Hz Dynamic Refresh Rate.
- A10X Fusion Chip.
- Apple Pencil response time reduced to 20ms.
- Starting from $649 for 64GB variant.
- Supports HDR Video
- Apple’s new smart home speaker.
- Uses Siri and Apple Music.
- Has an A8 chip, making it the smartest speaker ever.
- Analyzes a room and projects sound accordingly.
- Priced at $349 and available in the US, UK and Australia.